All Alfa Proj, Diana, German Sports Guns, Iver Johnson, and Swiss Arms firearms sold by Blue Line hold a limited lifetime warranty. All accessories are warranted for three months from the day of purchase. Receipt will be required to show proof of purchase.
Update: Due to the October 2022 handgun freeze, we no longer represent Alfa Proj within Canada. We will continue to help our customers to the best of our ability with our remaining inventory of Alfa Proj parts. Unfortunately, because of our limited inventory we cannot guarantee parts availability.
How to contact us and submit your warranty claim form.
- Carefully read the “Terms of Warranty” and “Limitations of Warranty” before submitting your ticket.
- Submit a warranty ticket through the Warranty Claim Form (Down below)
- Please allow for at least one week for a warranty representative to get back to you.
- Please do not call or email our Sales Department. They will not be able to provide update or assist you with a warranty claim.
What to Expect
After reviewing the Warranty Claim Form we will determine which of the following warranty procedures will apply, and depending on the problem we will evaluate which solution best applies to your case.
- Minor issues: we will either send you instructions by email or contact you by phone to help you resolve the problem.
- In-house Warranty Repair: If we require you to send us the firearm for warranty repair, we will send you an email with more information and a Return Authorization Number (RA#). Please note, for liability reasons, we may still request the firearm to be shipped to us, even for seemingly “minor repairs”. Customer will be responsible for the cost of shipping to Blue Line's Warranty Department.
- Parts supply: At our own discretion, for simple repairs that will not carry any liability issues, we may decide to send the necessary parts, so the customer may complete the repair themselves, if they choose to do so. Further instructions will be provided at the time.
It usually takes up to 30 days from date of receipt, to complete the repair. In rare cases, we might require more time due to possible parts shortages or machining work. Please understand that parts availability not only depends on the manufacturer, but also international shipping delays. Rest assured, that we absolutely do our best to minimize down time for you, and your firearm needs.
Please do not send your firearm until you have received our Return Authorization Number and firearm shipping instructions! Any firearms that we receive that we were not expecting will be returned immediately to sender at your own cost.
- Warranty service and parts are free, but we require the customer to pay all associated shipping costs.
- Dirty firearms sent for repair will be charged a $70 fee for cleaning. Clean your firearms before sending them for warranty. Proper maintenance, cleaning and oiling of your firearms will resolve many issues that otherwise will cause problems.
- Please note we are located in Vancouver, British Columbia, and ship via Canada Post Expedited Parcel.
- Shipping costs are: Calculated once warranty form has been submitted.
- Out of Warranty Repairs: Blue Line understands that you might have purchased a grey market product through no fault of your own. Due to the unknown product origin and potential liability issues, Blue Line Solutions requires these firearms to be sent to us regardless of the scale of the issue. Out of Warranty Service flat fee is: $85, plus $30 return shipping, plus applicable taxes. Additional charges may apply to machining work. Furthermore, if we deem the product unsafe for further use, we may decide to ship it back to you without performing any work.
- Please note: we do not sell individual parts outside of the warranty service. For all parts, we require proof of purchase and a copy of your serial number to confirm the firearm in question was imported and sold by Blue Line Solutions.
Terms Of Warranty
Blue Line Solutions Ltd, warrants all firearms and accessories that are officially imported and exclusively represented by us, on Canadian soil. All firearms are warranted against defects in material and workmanship. Blue Line assumes no responsibility for product malfunction, physical injury or property damage resulting in whole or in part from criminal use, or negligent, improper, or careless handling, unauthorized modifications, use of defective, improper or hand-loaded ammunition, abuse, neglect or any other influences beyond Blue Line’s control. The warranties covered by BLS are implemented and monitored by the foreign manufacturers of all BLS imported products. BLS reserves the right to deny or decline any warranty services or products that do not meet the warranties implemented by our manufacturers. Warranty terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
Limitations of Warranty
This warranty grants specific warranty rights to the original retail purchaser only. Lack of proof of purchase will void the warranty and any work performed will be considered as an “Out of Warranty Repair”.
This warranty does not apply to the normal wear of any parts or surface finish, including metal, wood, plastic, rubber, or other materials. This warranty does not cover repairs related to unreasonable use, corrosion, damage, barrels damaged by an obstructed bore. It also does not apply to loss or damage suffered during return shipment. Warranty service must be performed by Blue Line’s personnel unless Blue Line has issued written authorization to customer’s local licensed gunsmith, prior to the work being done. Products modification or disassembly beyond field stripping will void products warranty. Products from a grey market origin, or which are deemed to be, re-exported by a third party into Canada from other countries, will not be covered by Manufacturer’s Warranty. If you happen to be in possession of such items, Blue Line will ask you to either address your claim directly with the business from whom the firearm was purchased, or to contact Blue Line for our Out of Warranty Repair Service. Under no circumstances shall Blue Line be held liable for incidental or consequential damages with respect to economic loss, injury or property damage resulting from the breach of either the express or implied warranty. Use of reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition will void the warranty.
Blue Line Solutions will not reimburse any charges incurred by the customer previous to sending your firearm to us, i.e. gunsmith fees, cleaning fees, installation fees, shipping charges, etc.
Blue Line Solutions due to liability reasons cannot work on prohibited firearms. If the status of your firearm has changed form Non-Restricted to Prohibited then we cannot work on your firearm in house. therefore, please do not ship us any prohibited firearms.